Sunday, April 19, 2015

Molly is 3

Molly, I can't believe that you are three years old! It has been such a joy to watch you grow and learn and become each new day, but tonight my heart is gripped by how quickly the time has flown.


At three, you weigh 26.2 pounds and you are 35 inches tall. You just got home from a Disney trip with Grammy and Papa, and when we saw you Daddy and I thought you seemed SO big and tall. I measured you on our growth chart and realized that you had grown almost 1 1/2 inches since January 8th!

You've been pretty much potty trained for quite a while, but mommy has loved the pull-ups lifestyle. :) Now that you're officially three, we've been in panties since your return from Disney and thankfully it's been a breeze!


Some of your favorite things include bunny, playing pretend and baby dolls and kitchen, jewelry, gymnastics, riding scooters, reading books, stamps and pens, playing with Reed, and Sofia the First.

You prefer to be independent and love to pick out your clothes and dress yourself.


You like to ask for snacks and chocolate, and always ask to have your hair (and mine!) "down." :)

I love to hear you sing in the car, especially The Way and Calling on Fire.

I've started to find you talking to yourself or absorbed in complex make believe play-- you smile bashfully and stop if you notice me watching you!

You have very animated expressions and talk with your hands in the cutest way. :)


You love to ask questions and have lots to say, often starting with "you knooow..." or ending with "...or sumfin." It is also very cute when you say "actually" and "bemine me" (remind me).

You have the sweetest manners, starting requests with "may I please..." and "Is it okay I..."

When you are feeling grumpy, you do NOT use those sweet manners! You like to sigh with a big "Ughhhhh" and you know just what you want or do not want.


You often use "her" in place of "she." :)

Probably my favorite thing you say is "I love you with all my heart." Melt.


You have a sweet, tender heart and can be quiet and snuggly or very active and silly and entertaining.

You have started asking to have your back scratched and say, with your thumb in your mouth, "don't stop."

You give great hugs, and love to giggle.

You and Reed are the greatest buddies. You've been sleeping together each night in your big bed since February... unless you giggle too much and get separated. Your anticipated goodnight routine is to exchange a hug, a kiss, and a tummy blow, and then to each give the same to our baby in my belly :)


You are soon to become a big sister, and I can't wait to watch you embrace that role. You often ask "when our baby comes out can I..." and have all kinds of ideas about things to feed to and ways to entertain our baby. :)


My heart is stretched right now anticipating your transition from the baby of our family to big sister. I hope you know today and always how precious you are to our family, and that you are God's special creation. He made you so wonderfully and fearfully and we treasure your uniqueness. We love your big smile, your giggles, your sweet hugs and kisses, and the various ways you express your emotions. We love you more than we could ever explain. You are our princess. Happy 3rd birthday, Molly!



No comments:

Post a Comment