Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

We had a fun day on Sunday.  First of all, it was absolutely gorgeous outside.  Love it!  Matt was super thoughtful in making me feel celebrated.  My favorite part was that he drove home in between services to pick up the kids and me, so we could ride to church together!  And I even got to sit next to my man!  Holla!  My Mom came up to visit too, and we spent the afternoon together getting pedis and just hanging out.  (Matt got to watch golf and nap on the couch a little since our kiddies slept until 5, so not a bad deal for Daddy either!) :)


It's hard to believe this Sunday was my fourth Mother's Day!  It is amazing how different each year has been, how each has already represented so many changes in my journey thus far in motherhood.

On my first mother's day, Reed was barely two months old and I was in awe of the gift and the newness of being his mom.


In 2011, Reed was already becoming a little boy--so much learning and growing and life was happening every day.


Last year on Mother's Day Reed was debuting as big brother, and with Molly just 3 weeks old I was still trying to find my feet as mommy to two.  My heart had grown to love two little people more than I could have ever imagined.


Now somehow Molly is already one and I am Mom to a big THREE-year-old, full of joy and ideas-- they are both blossoming more with each passing day!


Oh my heart!  How quickly time goes by!  I am so thankful that God gifted me my two precious babies.  I adore being their mom.  Every mother's job is unique to her brood, but I feel like most agree that the little years are especially demanding.  They require much daily sacrifice.  Sometimes the days drag on and it is tempting to wish ahead to a more self-sufficient stage.  In the back of my mind, though, I know  that these years are the magical years.  So precious and fleeting.  And that I will yearn for them when they are gone.  I bet my forty-year-old self would trade a sleep-in Saturday morning for an early wake-up call from a sweet little snuggly face in a heartbeat.  Or a quiet meal for sticky little hands to clean and then hold.  Those sweet faces.  The snuggles.  The hugs.  Those little voices and mispronounced words.  These are the moments to treasure.  The messy, busy, tiring moments to treasure. :)

I recently read about a mom (maybe via pinterest, can't remember!) who takes a couple of hours each Mother's Day to write letters to her children, and I really loved that idea!  I tucked it away, and had every intention of starting it this weekend, but it didn't happen.  I'm definitely planning to take some time to write this year's letters while we're at the beach!  Thought I would pass that along to you.

Also wanted to share two good Mother's Day reads from this past weekend.  A blog post by my friend Katie, and another one by my friend Becca.  Enjoy!

Thank you to all of the moms in my life- My mom, my mother-in-law, my grandmothers, my mommy friends living this stage of life with me, and those ahead on the journey.  Thankful for the mothering hearts of friends, those with children and those without.  Thanks to moms everywhere.

Mom upside down is WOW...


No comments:

Post a Comment