Thursday, June 28, 2012

Molly 2 Months


Apparently, Molly is pretty happy about being 2 months old...


I thought the 1 month and then 6 week marks flew by quickly, but - man- this is the last week of June, and we've had our precious Molly girl for 10 weeks!  (Yes, her 2-month-day was over a week ago... oh well).

(yes, I totally doubled up on her onesie and blanket combo-oops...)

Molly is still just as sweet as sugar!  She rolls from her tummy to her back these days, and is smiling and cooing more often.  At her appointment last week she was 22 3/4 inches long and weighed 10lbs, 9 oz (both 50th percentile).  She sleeps through the night most nights now, and while I miss having time for myself and look forward to the slowing of her feeding schedule, I really do cherish the moments I get to snuggle her or just play with her, since this baby stage is so much more busy than the first time around.

Reed continues to be a champ of a big brother.  It's beginning to seem like Molly has always been part of our family, and I wonder if Reed is starting to forget life before Molly as well.  Looks like he can't get enough of her...
Binoculars...
Magnifying Glass...

Ha ha... Reed has slowly stopped asking us to put Molly down or leave her behind.  Instead, he will exclaim, "There's, Molly!" when she gets up from a nap, or he requests for her to come along when we head outside or to a different room to play.  This morning I was feeding molly as Matt got Reed out of bed, and I heard Reed say, "Let's go check on our girls!"  Made my heart smile to see him come happily bouncing in to the nursery to see Molly and mommy.  He is very sweet and protective with her, and is quickly learning "how" to take care of her... He tells me not to touch her face, because it's not very nice or to make sure the blanket doesn't cover her eyes (haha).  The cutest development is that Reed will get upset when we give Molly her pacifier because he likes to sing to her when she cries, and I guess he wants to make sure that it is his singing that does the trick and not the paci. :)

Happy 2 months, Molly Bette!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment