Monday, March 26, 2012

New Recipes

One of my favorite things to follow on Pinterest is recipes.  I thought I would quickly share some the recipes I've tried out over the past several months...
(Click recipe name for link to recipe)


Main Dishes:

Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas
I made of version of these delicious looking quesadillas in the fall using turkey, craisins, spinach, onions, and cheese.  Yum.


Pot Roast
Pot Roast is one of my favorite meals.  I just love the flavorful, tender veggies and meat!  This recipe was super easy and very good.  I added additional vegetables.



Wild Rice Soup
This soup is a Betty Crocker recipe.  It was tasty and Reed ate it up!  Unfortunately, I left it out to cool and forgot to put it in the refirgerator.  I am a huge food safety freak, so I didn't keep it...  I was so mad at myself! :(



Taco Braid
This taco braid was pretty yummy.  My biggest complaint was that the juice from the meat made the bottom dough soggy, and it cooked unevenly.  I guess you could be extra careful to not add too much water to your meat.  I might make it again, but I definitely want to look up the chicken fajita braid that the recipe post also mentions!


Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake
I was so excited about making this dish.  It turned out okay, but not as flavorful as I had hoped.  I think if I make it again I will add more cream cheese.  Part of the problem may have been that it was a huge amount of food and it was hard to mix thoroughly since it was overflowing my largest mixing bowl.


Crescent Roll French Dips
These were great, and super duper easy.  I even just used an au jus packet.


Desserts:

Birthday Cake Rice Krispy Treats
I made these for my friend Lauren's birthday playdate.  They were fun and pretty tasty. :)



Cheesecake Bars
Have made these a couple of times.  Easy and good (Have you picked up my recipe theme yet?)  We took these to our friends the Stanleys and they made some homemade whipped cream that really topped off the dessert. :)


And, not to be left out, these are the other Pinterest recipes I have tried out, and previously mentioned on the blog:
Top row: Appetizers (l to r: Cold Veggie Pizza, Apple Crisp Baked Brie, and Sausage Stars) that we tried out (and approved!) for Christmas Day and Joyeux Noel.
Bottom left: Andes Mint Cookies that Reed and I made for Valentine's Day.  These were SERIOUSLY good.
Bottom middle and right: Pumpkin Cookies and Pumpkin Muffins, both last minute additions to our Fall bucket list.


I try to comment on the recipes on my pinboard once I've tried them.  If you'd like, you can follow my Recipe board here and my Desserts board here.

And I would love to hear about any recipe gems you've found in the world of Pinterest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment