Friday, January 13, 2012

DIY Book Ledges

Yesterday, I forgot to point out the bookshelves in Reed's room.  These:

I really loved the idea of forward facing shelves for Reed's room.  I had lots of vintage-y books from Matt's and my childhood that I wanted to display, and I just think those kinds of bookshelves look really cute.  Problem?  Price tag!
PBK Shelf

Enter this awesome tutorial from Frugal Home Designs.  I showed it to Matt and my Dad, who took it from there.
source

Since then, I have seen (via pinterest) that you can also use ikea spice racks (only $4.00) to function as little book nook shelves.  We might go this route in Reed's big boy room, but it does limit the ability to custom size the shelves.
source

Hope one or more of those links are helpful if you're in the book ledge market!  Happy Friday! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the front facing book shelf -- you should make it huge -- then it can be art.

    :)

    ReplyDelete