Monday, January 9, 2012

About to POP... with SWEET Baby Calder

Last night our small group girls hosted a surprise sprinkle for Lisa, who is adding a second little boy to her family in February.  Calder Joseph is due to arrive in three short weeks (we all think he will come even sooner!), so we planned a relaxed girls' PJ dessert/coffee night to celebrate Lisa and little Calder.  We had a lot of fun.  I have a couple of pictures and a quick recipe to share...

I made my first ever diaper cake!  I just googled and followed this tutorial (roll and rubberband technique), except I put a huge bottle of hand sanitizer in the center of the cake... that's my kind of nursery bling :)

Our theme was "About to Pop with... Sweet Baby Calder."  I re-purposed some of the decor supplies from Reed's first birthday party for a fun theme with bright blues and greens, and our "pinspired" menu consisted of all things "sweet" and "pop" (like Caramel POPcorn, Fruit POPS, and SWEET baby cakes). :)



Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Dessert
Ingredients:
1 8 oz package cream cheese softened at room temp.
1 stick butter softened at room temp
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbls brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
(3/4 cup chopped pecans)
1 box chocolate graham sticks

Mix all ingredients together, except for chocolate chips and pecans, using a mixer.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Shape mixture into a ball and chill in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.  Just before serving, roll ball in pecans.  Serve garnished with graham sticks.  (Serving with chocolate grahams helps people identify the ball as a dessert).

2 comments:

  1. All I can think about is how much I want to eat that right now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... I AM eating it right now! Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete