Thursday, October 13, 2011

Coming this April...


Reed is going to be a big brother!

That's right, Baby Morgan #2 is on the way.

Perhaps you already sensed this development... could have been my blogging absence in September (I was either sleeping, throwing up, or feeling like throwing up) ...or maybe you noticed the sharp upturn of food pictures I started posting every day on pinterest ...or perchance you've seen me swaggering around in our new swagger wagon?

Or maybe you simply observed that  I started rocking maternity pants weeks ago and perpetually look like I just ate 7 tacos. :)

Anyway, I've been working hard growing baby human #2 for 13 weeks.  We are thrilled about our new little miracle, and the next chapter ahead!

I have to admit I'm already a little nervous about having two little people around.  I've watched lots of friends transition from 1 to 2 kids, some hardly missing a beat and others having a pretty tough time.  The intimidating part to me is that there's no formula.  All of my friends are great moms; the difference has largely been the personalities of their children and circumstances with their newborns.  If I had to guess, I am going to go with Reed (& I) will have a rough adjustment.  Let’s just say he doesn’t exude the "hi! welcome to my territory, let’s share my mommy and daddy, here are all of my toys, muah, I love you little brother/sister” vibes.  I could be wrong.  Let's ask him...

Reed, what are your thoughts about your new baby?

Well...
Left to Right: Can I stick it between my toes? / *Yawn* booo-ring. / "Ooh Muahahaha..." (or perhaps he is howling?) / Oh, I don't know Mom.  Who are we talking about again?

There you have it.  Somehow I think my vision for mothering two children will go about like my vision for the above photo shoot.  Did you see the perfect shot where Reed smiled sweetly and held the ultrasound picture out in front of him!?  Yeah, me neither. :)  Good thing His power is made perfect in weakness!

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
      you formed me in my mother's womb.
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day.
 -Psalm 139:13-16, The Message

6 comments:

  1. Danielle, I know you are so happy about this, and we are happy for you! BTW, what is a swagger wagon? Not a *gasp* mini-van...don don don. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite-est blog posts yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are going to breeze through this transition, and even if Reed has some bumps along the way, the love he will have for this new little one will blow your mind. One of my favorite things about having three kids (even among all the sibling fighting and jealousy) is how they love and take care of each other. Yea for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeahhhhhh hoooiieee! so glad Reed decided to share his big news! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay you guys. If you're gonna go having your first kid one month away from ours, then your second kid with the same due date as our second, we're gonna have to get them together eventually. :) Congratulations!!

    I'm SO nervous about surviving the toddler/newborn days too. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Leslie- yes, a mini! :) Thanks all for the encouragement! And Kelly- I know! We do! Our #2 is 4/21... I think you're the 18th? So fun!

    ReplyDelete