Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy Chocolate Chip Cake

Today I am sharing one of my favorite go to recipes for dessert!  We had company last night and I had planned to try a new cookie recipe I spotted on pinterest, but when the small bag of rolos (star ingredient) was $4.50(!) at the store I balked out of principle.  Unbelievable.  So, I defaulted to a cake mix based chocolate chip cake that is as delicious as it is easy!

I'm not a huge cake person, but I really like this one.  I usually need something rich thrown in... peanut butter, fruit, copious amounts of icing, make it a cheesecake... whatever.  (In fact, my mom always tells this story about my sister and I informing some other little guests at a birthday party that they don't have to eat the "bread part" of the cake and should just eat the good stuff, the icing.  I am sure my mom got the look (you know, the "gee, thanks a lot" look) from the other moms, but let's be honest... the truth is the truth!)  Anyway, this cake recipe turns out a super moist chocolate cake with lots of little bursts of smooth, rich chocolate-- especially if you serve it warm!  Plus, you bake it in a bundt pan, and that means it looks faaaaan-cee. ;)  Hope you enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cake

1 box devil's food cake mix
1, 3oz. package instant chocolate pudding
1, 12-oz. package chocolate chip morsels
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup oil
Mix all dry ingredients and then add eggs, sour cream, and oil.
Bake in bundt pan that had been sprayed with coking spray in a 325' oven for 1 hour.
Cool in pan 10 minutes.
Yum!


1 comment: