Sunday, June 26, 2011

May He Turn our Hearts to Him


As I was reading in 1 Kings 8 this week, I came across Solomon’s beautiful prayer of dedication for the temple:

“…May the Lord our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us.  May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers... so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God and there is no other.”

A friend just asked me a few days ago if Matt and I had some kind of a family verse.  Wish I wasn’t behind in my chronological reading so that I could have claimed this one!  (Oops.)

I totally want to paint it on something and hang it up it in my home!  For the painted/posted version, I think I would word it like this:




Love that.  May it the prayer of my heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment