Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Father's Day Ideas

Of course, I can't post my Father’s Day goodies for this year until after they've been gifted on Sunday.  (Don’t worry, if you like the idea you can bookmark it for next year!)  However, I can safely reminisce about last year's festivities, and then dazzle you with a parade of creative gift inspirations from the craftiest of minds.  You game?

Father’s Day 2010

Last year, I was so excited to dress our little sugar booger in these Daddy-friendly threads:


It reads, "Daddy is my Super Hero"


I made coffee cake for breakfast, and Reed (later) presented Matt with a new shirt and tie...



...made of iced brownies.  Probably didn’t fool ya’!  They weren’t anything spectacular; I just used what I had on hand for decorating.  But I thought the idea was so cute, especially since Matt actually wore a tie to work everyday at the time.  The original example, in the June 2008 issue of "Better Homes and Gardens," calls for some additional ingredients and trappings, and is much lovelier than my rendition. :)


BHG, June 2008, p.222


I gave Matt a card from me, and one from “Reed,” and I don’t actually even remember his gift—we probably told him to take a day to play golf??  Like I've mentioned before, it is not super easy to buy gifts for my hubs.


Inspiration & Ideas

Okay, thank you for indulging me.  Without further ado, check out this roundup of awesome Father's Day gift ideas:

For a golfing Dad, this green-themed gift that Lindsey from Inspiring Creations shared at tatertots & jello is simply perfect!



Posted as a Valentine’s Day Idea at PaperVine, this card deck booklet would also make a wonderful forum to celebrate Dad with 52 favorite things about him!  (The author says there are several versions out there and hers is not the original, but I love the look of her finished product!)


Also check out “Sampling of Why We Love Dad” at eighteen25.  So so cute and very adaptable!




Oh me, I just LOVE this.  Framed Hand Prints from Tres French Hens.  I will probably make this for myself!




 These AWesome Dad labels for part of a gift basket for Dad at nothing but country are great!  I have a soft spot for corny. :)  And I bet you could come up with something similar to go along with a favorite treat of the Dad you are celebrating!





Happy Father’s Day!

"Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope" -Bill Cosby





1 comment:

  1. Very fun! I'm excited to get Tyler his first Father's Day gift as an "almost" dad this year :)

    ReplyDelete