Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ice Cream Cake

Happy Birthday to my favorite person in the world-- Matt Morgan!

Thought I'd post an ice cream cake "recipe" today in honor of the hubs' b-day.  I usually make one, but this year my Mom surprised Matt with a delicious oreo ice cream cake from Bruster's when we celebrated Easter together, so we will probably have something different today.

Ice Cream Cake

1 pkg. Oreos
Butter (calls for 1/2 stick, but I try to get away with the least amount possible)
Ice Cream (any flavor- mint chocolate chip was my family's favorite)
Set out ice cream for several minutes to soften
Hot Fudge, one jar
Whipped Topping, thawed

Crush entire package of oreos, mix with melted butter, and press into bottom of pan
Layer ice cream evenly on top of oreo crust
Next, add layer of fudge
Spread whipped topping evenly on top
Freeze for at least 6 hours

Set out several minutes before serving

Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe! I will use it come the end of May for Scott's birthday!

    ReplyDelete