Friday, April 15, 2011

Hold on to your Hats

Hold on to your hats… I don’t want to get all wild on you with my originality, but I’m starting something called a “blog.”  Have you ever heard of blogging?  Don’t feel bad if you haven’t.  This must have started last month when Matt and I got cutting edge with Internet on our phones.  (Yes, Granny Clampett, on. our. phones.)  Snowball effect, perhaps.  Can’t stop this trendsetter!  I kid.  Actually, I follow lots of blogs.  When my sister recently started a savings blog (hers is super useful, unlike the outlook for mine), I felt kind of inspired to join in the fun.

As much as I’d love to have a single creative passion or a marketable skill to blog about, like say photography or design, I most assuredly do not.  You can call me a jill of all some trades and master of none, I guess.  Still, I (like most of us) wear many different hats in my everyday life as a woman, wife, mom, and friend.  I figure I will mostly post about life in these “hats.”  So I’ll just be sharing some random thoughts and ideas as I go about my hat-wearing days.

My first thought was to call the blog “Hat Hair” …kind of cute, but I was won over by the double entendre of “Hold on to your Hats.”  As the expression suggests, marriage, mommyhood, and life can just plain be a wild ride!  More than that, though, I am learning to hold my hats close to my heart in the sense of embrace.  I am truly grateful for the roles God has entrusted to me.  My goal for this blog is to learn as I share.  And my hope is that the process of posting will inspire fresh motivation and intentionality for me (and maybe you too) to sport my hats with style and grace.

I hope you’ll read along.  And leave a comment or two along the way; I’d love to add your blog to my reader.

Hold on to your hats!
Danielle

PS- See you next time for a description of my first pass at what to expect around here.  Oh, and more hat puns, likely.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay :) glad you jumped on the band-wagon! Looking forward to hearing about all your "hats" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading more and being entertained by your wit! (No pressure!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited! I can not wait to read what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete